1) What is the current status of Deus Ex?
Very close to sign-off. The game team is fixing bugs. The actors are in the studio recording voices.
2) Has much changed, gameplay-wise, in the past few weeks since you have
finished all the levels?
The levels have been 'finished' for a while. Though even the term 'level' is a bit off, given the RPG nature of the project. The main things that have gotten better in the last weeks are A) the AI and B) the depth of the locations. (Regarding B, the designers have been carving little rat-holes here and there, working with our conversation writing staff to add more sub-quests and such.)
3) We've all heard stories that a major number of games will not run in
Windows 2000. Will Deus Ex be Windows 2000 compatible?
Lead Programmer/Asst Director Chris Norden says: "We are not going to be
"Windows 2000 Certified", and we won't be doing extensive testing under
Windows 2000, but some members of the dev team use Windows 2000, and the
game seems to run just fine."
4) What games have you played, personally, that has helped influence the design of Deus Ex?
Too many to name...Dungeon Master, Underworld, System Shock, Terminator
Skynet/Futureshock, Blade Runner, Thief, System Shock2 to name a few.
5) is there any major thing you would have liked changed in the design?
I'm still too close to the game to know that. Ask me in 6 months. :)